Using tasks from MSBuild

May 5, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Edited May 5, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I have put together a project to use the NewModuleManifest task on Build, but it only works when I build from inside VS2010.

If I try from msbuild directly I get the following error:

error MSB4062: The "NewModuleManifest" task could not be loaded from the assembly ...\PowerGUIVSX.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Project, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b7ed17bb64a9597f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

My build server doesn't and won't have VS2010 installed, and regardless this error occurs even when building on my local machine.

Is it possible to build this project type yet using MSbuild alone?

May 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Edited May 6, 2011 at 10:49 PM

That assembly is actually part of the PowerGUI VSX package. You may have to place it in the custom assembly path for your builders. Here's a good link on how to do that: http://www.ewaldhofman.nl/post/2010/05/27/Customize-Team-Build-2010-e28093-Part-7-How-is-the-custom-assembly-found.aspx

If that doesn't help let me know.