Debug (breakpoints) not available

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Thanks for giving us this tool, Adam!

For some reason I cannot get debugging to work.  I can run scripts, but there's no option to set breakpoints available.

If I create a new PowerShell project, I get two errors on my first run of a script::

"The target 'ResolveAssemblyReferences' does not exist in the project."

"The target 'GetFrameworkPaths' does not exist in the project."

Any input on how to resolve these references?

VS2010 RTM, SDK is installed.

PowerGUI 2.4.0.1690

To add:

PowerGUI Script editor on occasion gives up this error.  I assume that there's a modified profile being loaded....

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Documents and Settings\grayburn\Local Settings\Application
 Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Adam Driscoll\PowerGUI VSX\1.3.3\PowerGUIVSX.Module.dll' or one of its de
pendencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.
At line:1 char:249
+ @('C:\Documents and Settings\grayburn\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Adam Dr
iscoll\PowerGUI VSX\1.3.3\PowerGUIVSX.Module.dll') | Where-Object { @(Get-Module | %{$_.Path} ) -notcontains $_ } | %{
 Import-Module <<<<  $_ }
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Import-Module], BadImageFormatException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.BadImageFormatException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Got the same problem.

And i'm guessing that second issue probably has something to do with that the module its trying to import is build against DotNet4, and powershell GUI can't load those assemblies.

May 3, 2011 at 2:23 AM

You guys are right about the second issue. It's attempting to load a module that is supposed to be for PowerGUI VSX only, but PowerGUI is attempting to load it. 

That's strange that you cannot set break points. You should be able to simply click on the left hand tray to do so just like in PowerGUI SE. No error is given when clicking? I'll have to investigate this further. Also the issue with references is strange as well. Sounds like an issue with the project system. All of these items seem like bugs and I'm not sure if there is a simple way to go about fixing them yourselves. :| I'll keep this thread posted on any progress. 

May 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I also noticed this error message in the output log:

The program 'TestNodeName' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

May 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Thanks for the update Adam.  Let me know if there's any more information you'd like.

Jun 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Hi

The issue should be fixed in the last build.