Nobody is working on this extension any more

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I'm not sure this is an active project any more as there are so many bugs and nothing being acknowledged.

This is not real integration of PS into VS, it's integration of PowerGUI editor control into VS which means many VS features do not work such as search and VS outlining (power GUI outlining not compatible) and even the context menus dont provide the same VS functionality as all other project types, i.e. cannot delete files, copying folder directories into a power shell project results in errors and source control integration is not robust.

I suggest you redo the editor portion and have it utilise the VS text editor. The project also should support basic features such as deleting files.

Overall rather flaky, MS should have build in support years ago! jokers!

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Hey dotnetterry,

I've been stalled on this project as I have been pretty busy with other things. I see now that bugs have been mounting and apologize for not responding to them. I have had some help from other colleagues but this is a side project for them as well. Rebuilding the editor would be a lot of work and just isn't feasible with little resources. I hope that coming releases will fix many of the issues that you are seeing. Thanks for the feedback. 

Adam